Skilled Family Law Attorneys Serving Boca Raton
Palm Legal Group has over a decade of family law experience and provides skilled representation to our Florida clients. Prenuptial or premarital agreements can be very beneficial to parties who are entering a marriage. Postnuptial agreements can also be very helpful in protecting your interests after you’ve gotten married. Our team of talented family law attorneys has guided many clients throughout the years to successful legal solutions. We will take an in-depth look at your situation and walk you through all your options.
Call Palm Legal Group today at 1-561-781-9679 and schedule a FREE consultation with one of our lawyers
Prenuptial agreements can help you address several factors:
- How each spouse’s premarital assets are distributed in case they get divorced
- Whether they will be entitled to alimony and the amount in case of a divorce
- How assets acquired by either of the spouses during the marriage are distributed in case they get divorced
- Each party’s right to manage, dispose of, or control assets during their marriage
- Personal rights & special obligations
- Establishing procedures for deciding future matters
Prenuptial agreements go into effect as soon as the marriage is valid. They must be put into writing and signed by both parties. Because it will affect your financial security in the future, it is imperative that you have a knowledgeable and skilled family lawyer who will help you make informed decisions.
Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreement Enforcement
There are certain situations where premarital agreements may be unenforceable. Any agreement entered into on or after October 1st 2007 won’t be enforceable if the spouse contesting it proves the following:
- That they did not sign it voluntarily
- That it was the product of fraud or coercion
- That they were not provided a fair disclosure of the property or obligations of the other spouse
- That they did not voluntarily waive any right to the disclosure of the property or obligations of the other spouse beyond the disclosure provided
- That they did not have an adequate knowledge of the property or obligations of the other spouse
Thinking About a Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement? Call Palm Legal Group at 1-561-781-9679!
We provide compassionate and skillful legal assistance in all our cases. We can help you draft an agreement in such a way that you and your financial interests will be protected. Our experienced lawyers are ready to answer any questions you may have and help you seek a favorable outcome.
Call our office today at 1-561-781-9679 and speak with a member of our team about scheduling a FREE consultation